Simple things first. They are all expected, now standard, navigation aids:
- Drag nodes around. You need this to improve local readability, fine-tune screenshots, or simply highlight something when working remotely with colleagues.
- Pan the view (translate). Also very common, and sooo essential, way of moving around nodes and edges in the network. Click on the background and drag the view.
- Zoom in and out. Either roll the mouse wheel, pinch the touchpad, or simply use the application button /
These actions are afforded when in default, navigation, mode (blue icon below).
More sophisticated yet still simple.
- Select nodes. Being able to select items on the screen is fun-da-men-tal.
- Draw a lasso around nodes you want to select. Click theicon to go into select mode (top left).
- Add individual nodes to the selection. Click theicon to activate the “add to selection” mode.
- Access to node details. Nodes are not just small circles on the screen; they can contain mountains of useful information.
- Go into inspection mode by clicking on theicon .